JOSEPHS BAD BOY BROWNIE
1 baking tray 30 cm x 30cm x 5cm lined with baking paper
375g Dark chocolate
650g granulated sugar
1. Melt the butter and chocolate together either in a ban maria or in a microwave, be careful not to burn the chocolate if using a microwave – leave to cool slightly
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar together for 8 mins using an electric whisk is best until very light and fluffy
3. Mix in the melted chocolate and butter mix
4. Fold in the cocoa and flour using a large metal spoon so you can cut through the mixture as you fold, we want to fold the fixture together but we don’t want to push out all the air and lift from the whisked egg and sugar mix, make sure all the flour is incorporated well or you will have little nuggets of flour in your brownie
5. Pour into a lined baking tray
6. Bake in the oven on 160 deg for 45 mins, the brownie needs to still be a bit wobbly in the centre so you may need to keep checking as lots of ovens are different.
7. Once baked take the brownie out of the oven, let the brownie cool a little first then put in the fridge, the slightly wobbly centre will set, once set turn out onto a chopping board, you should be able to get 12-15 good square portions….. just depends how greedy you are.
8. I like to put the brownie in the microwave for just 20 seconds so it goes a little gooey before I eat it.